The Villa is located near the historic Morro-Cabaña Park, surrounded by historical sites and tourist destinations such as Castillo del Morro, the Fortaleza San Carlos de la Cabaña, both considered to be among the most important Colonial fortifications of the Fifteenth Century. There is a nightly ceremony which consists of firing of a historic cannon on the site which dates to the Colonial Wars. Other sights include the military park missiles, and the Christ of Havana. The Villa is a restored house that belonged to senior generals of previous governments. The Villa holds a precious collection of historic photographs of the town's history and its considered an informal museum for the community. The expansive rear yard of the Villa spans 1000 square meters of land set with fruit trees and outdoor sculptures. The Villa enjoys one of the best views of the Bay of Havana.